Thinking of Odell...

Thinking quite a lot about this man lately.


I don't know if it is because we are coming up on the two year anniversary of the day he moved to heaven without us.
Or if it is because a sweet blog friend of mine has very recently lost her stepfather, reminding me of the pain involved when someone you love goes on without you.
Or if it is just because it takes a very, very, possibly never, long time to heal.
Likely it is all three.
At any rate. I am thinking about Odell.
Today.
And yesterday.
Tomorrow.
And the day after.

I don't think that tonight I can sit here and write about how I feel.
I'm not sure why I thought I could.
I was wrong.
Because now there is a knot in my throat and tears are threatening my eyes.

I just wanted to stop and acknowledge that he is missed.
And loved.
And missed.

But the knot is getting bigger now.
And the eyes are beginning to spill over a bit.
Time to be done.

This is Odell.








Thank you for understanding.

Comments

His Girl said…
Christy, thank you, honey! What beautiful thoughts of your second Dad and the love of my life! I understand the lump in the throat and the tears welling up. All I have to do is stop a second and gaze at one of the many pictures around me. He sure loved you! What an amazing relationship you two had! :)Okay...there went my mascara! Love you!
Aww... this totally gave me goosebumps and made me tear up a bit. I definitely understand, Christa.

Thanks for sharing this with us, and I'm sorry it took me a while to get over here! Beautiful tribute to Odell. He looks like a really wonderful man. :)

Popular Posts