It's time for a confession...

I am going to make a roast chicken.
According to the Pioneer Woman I will need a few fresh sprigs of rosemary, 2 or three lemon halves, and butter.
And a chicken.
The chicken is an important part of the process so I probably better right that down on my grocery list.
Ok....
Buy chicken...
done.

Why am I making a roast chicken you ask?
Because in all of my years of cooking...20 +...wow. I think I might be old.


But, we can discuss that at another time.

As I was saying...in all of my years of cooking I don't think I have ever once roasted a bird.
I'm not even entirely sure why. I think maybe it's because I thought it would be difficult.
It would involve a unique sort of pan that I probably didn't own.
skills I didn't possess
there would be twine involved. Right?
I wasn't sure where to get twine.
And I was way too embarrassed to ask.

So I put it off and whenever the discussion would turn to roast chickens.
As discussions always do...
I would excuse myself to go to the bathroom or pretend to take a phone call.
Fake a seizure.
Flirt with a stranger
The usual...
Anything but admit that I had not yet faced my fear,
gotten up my gumption,
bit the bullet,
purchased the pan.

And then I was browsing through the Pioneer Woman's website as innocently as can be.
Completely unaware of what I was about to face.
And there it was in all of it's golden and buttery glory. (insert heavenly choir and beams of light)

The roasted chicken recipe.
Anyone can do it!
So easy.
You have to try!
It will melt in your mouth.

It's buttery
It's golden
It's time.

So tomorrow I buy a chicken.
I will keep you posted.
Please check on me if you don't hear back in 36 hours.
You think I'm kidding.

And if you pray....
well...
it probably wouldn't hurt.



Comments

Ruthie Hart said…
roasting a chick is on my bucket list haha!
it looks so delicious! please report back how it turned out :)
p.s. i'm your newest follower :)

xo brie
www.sophistifunkblog.com

Popular Posts