It's Officially Official....

If there is one post that I love to "re-post" it is this one.
I don't know why, other than the adorable little drawing of Super Mom.
But, here it is.
My favorite post of all time.


It's officially official.
I am not Super Mom.
Not that I ever really thought I was Super Mom.
I haven't actually worn the cape in years.
Months.
Ok, never mind.

Anyway, the point is that I'm not Super Mom.
"Why?" You ask...
Because I burnt the meatloaf.
Messed up the quilt.
Forgot to make the coffee.
Chose not to do the dishes.
And stepped on the cat's tail.
I told her I was sorry, but cat's aren't overly forgiving.
(sigh)

(via)

At any rate, when I finally realized that I wasn't going to win any awards,
and no longer had need of the cape,
I relaxed.
After all, if I'm really not Super Mom,
why fake it??

Tomorrow is another day.
I can mop the kitchen floor tomorrow.
Wash the dishes tomorrow.
Finish the laundry tomorrow.
Maybe.
But not today.

Today I am going to put up my feet,
watch some television with Husband,
 and thank God that I no longer have to live up to a false image.
Or wear the cape.







Comments

Ruthie Hart said…
you totally deserve to kick your feet up and watch TV with the hubs....and in 2 weeks you will be watching MODERN FAMILY on Wednesdays!! AYAYYYYYAYYYAYAYA
Jennifer said…
Cute! Let me join you in realizing I'm not supermom, either. In fact, I don't even try to clean whole rooms. I make goals like, "today, I'll clean the bathroom sink." I'm an over-achiever like that.

Popular Posts