That time we used a cake mix and met Jim Gaffigan

So what did you do this weekend?
Anything worth blogging about?
Yeah. Me either.
And that's really a problem with this whole blogging thing. Sometimes it's difficult not to feel like I have to "stage" my life in order to make it appear amazing.

So this is what I didn't stage this weekend.


We made dessert.
Twice.
And we ate dessert.
Twice.




And we were ever so happy and grateful.
Twice.

And let me say that for a girl who does everything from scratch and always has...
Pink Lemonade cupcake mixes are a big freakin deal.
Even if they don't taste that great.
It made me feel like one of the cool kids just making them.
Next weekend we go back to baking from scratch though because cool is highly over rated and taste is way too important around here.

And then to make a delicious weekend that much better, we met the king of BACON himself.


Of course, when I say "we" I am referring to that boy of mine.
Dressed like a scarecrow and on his way to work a community fundraiser as an important and well known member of the Oz team.
When the bacon-ator, himself, Jim Gaffigan, spots him and asks if he could have his picture taken with my son.
Holy batman were we impressed.
And enjoyed bacon for dinner in honor of the occasion.

All in all, I would say it was a good weekend.
There was baking.
Eating.
Gaffigan.
And bacon.

Until Wednesday, kids...




Comments

Unknown said…
Dessert twice is ALWAYS a winner.
And I know what you mean, having a blog sometimes really does want you to embelish and exaggerate things to make the weekend seem up to scratch, up to other people's standards...but I find the most 'real' posts are the ones like this one here. Honest & pure! x
Sounds like a good weekend to me. And what a great memory for your son to have :)

Popular Posts