Weekend Shenanigans...

Today's link up over at Sami's Shenanigans is the perfect place to make new bloggy friends and catch up on our weekend shenanigans.
I would advise you to hop over there and link up.
ok. I'll go first.

Friday I worked on my blog from the moment I came home from work, until the moment my head hit the pillow for the night.
The ol' girl had been needing a new look for a long time and it was starting to get a little embarrassing when we went out with other bloggers.
I mean no one ever said anything, but a blog knows when she's cool and when she isn't.

However, I am happy to report that after many, many hours all is well and almost finished.
Just a couple more screws to tighten and wires to cross and she will be a brand new girl.
And in case you didn't notice, 
today she is sporting a one-of-a-kind design by yours truly.
thank you. thank you.

It may not be the spiffiest or the trendiest, but it's clean, has my personality written all over it, and says "someone cared enough to make me look special."
Someone certainly did care. I cared all of Friday evening and the first part of Saturday.
I cared till my hands were numb.
And there is still a lot of caring yet to be done.

But after all that caring, I decided to spend the last half of Saturday at the zoo with the husband and the two youngest.
Especially since I missed the part of the day where they dressed up as pirates with their theatre company and cheered on the runners of the Heart Run.
Husband went with them because we drastically overslept and he moves much quicker at last minute, panic-stricken, morning stuff.
Aren't they just bea-yoo-tiful people??

Oh, and when you are at the zoo you have to consume at least one food that you really shouldn't.
Nachos usually do nicely.
Ice cream is also a good option.

That night the husband made fajitas and we ate dinner while watching the season 3 finale of "Walking Dead".
After which, we caught approximately four hours of sleep before he had to get up and catch a plane to Florida.

And being the loving wife that I am, I dragged myself, in all my morning sparkle, to the door to tell him goodbye.
I threw a sleepy kiss in his general direction and headed back to bed.
I might have made a slight detour to the kitchen to build a burrito the size of my head.
And I'm pretty sure I ate it too.
I was half asleep and barely remember building it, let alone eating it.
But I can't find it anywhere, and when I woke up a couple hours later, my tummy was bloated.
I'm taking that as a "yes." I ate the head-sized burrito. At 5:30 in the morning.
In my sleep.
And because I have issues.

So that was pretty much my weekend, because Sunday was spent cleaning the house and trying to find the head-sized burrito.
I'll let you know if it turns up, but just to be safe, I'm locking the fridge tonight.


Popular Posts