Letting George post today....

You've probably been wondering where I've been.
In the garage mostly.  Mom keeps the heater on for me and brings me extra blankets to burrow into.  Of course Rodney claims the best blankets.  Something about being small and having no body mass.  
I'm pretty sure that's a dig at my size.
Whatevs.  Dad says I'm just masculine and mom says that Basset's have their own sort of beauty.



Lately I've been spending a lot of time with Mom and Dad.  
Dad is working on a "sorry piece of crap".  I think that's slang for car.
And Mom comes out to the garage to keep him company.  
She bundles up like she's going on a polar expedition, plus two huge blankets, a heating pad, and a cup of hot tea.
Then she has Dad turn on the space heater and aim it at her so her feet stay warm.
At which point Rodney whines about being tiny and cold until Mom brings him onto her lap.
The whole thing is comical if you ask me; but I don't want Rodney to think he owns Mom, so I sit next to her so she can pat my head and explain to me everything she knows about why Bassets are beautiful.

All in all, it's turning out to be a not so bad winter.  
It may be cold out there, but it's warm and ridiculous in here.


Comments

Popular Posts