Eat the donut.

It's top secret what I've been up to lately.  Primarily because everything sounds better when it's labeled a secret and despite the fact that we all know I'm an open book.

However, I have been doing some pretty serious pondering as of late.
It's difficult not to ponder when you know that FORTY is knocking on the next birthday door.
Five months and thirteen days to be exact.  And for those of you rolling your eyes because you passed forty a mile back and don't see what the big deal is...
I'll politely ask you to remember that you were once on this side of the big 4-0 as well.
And perhaps you felt the same fears and asked the same questions?
Like...
Will I feel any different on the other side?
Is there a club I have to join?
Do I need to start going to bed at 7:30?
What about support pantyhose?  Is this the year for that?
Are eye wrinkles gift with purchase?  I sure hope not.

So, I'm a little nervous. Who wouldn't be?  Entire birthday lines and comedy routines are devoted to this year.  It's sort of like approaching a giant secret door that others have gone through but won't share any of the details with you; all the while wondering if when you open the door, your biggest fears and nightmares are going to jump out and yell BOO.

But, mostly I've been thinking a lot about life and how I'm spending it.
Wondering what happened to the last forty years and what will happen in the next forty.
Thinking that I should be more grounded in the Bible, have a better understanding of my faith, and more prepared to witness.
Feeling like I still worry too much over the little things like a clean house, money, and whether or not to eat the donut.
The answer?
Eat the donut.
Every time.



And that is all for today.





Comments

CocoinMagnolia said…
I agree, eat the doughnut. Kisses.
Cortne

Popular Posts